Description of Electrical Circuit Analysis (Including Passive Network Synthesis)
This book has been designed as a basic text for undergraduate students of Electrical, Electronics and Communication and Computer Engineering.
In a systematic and friendly manner, the book explains not only the fundamental concepts like circuit elements, Kirchhoff's laws, network equations and resonance, but also the relatively advanced topics like state-variable analysis, modern filters, active RC filters and sensitivity considerations.
Salient Features :
With all these features, the book would be extremely useful not only for undergraduate engineering students but also for AMIE and GATE candidates and practising engineers.
- Network theorems explained using typical examples.
- Differential equations for estimation of initial conditions and transient analysis of electric networks have been discussed.
- Interconnections of two-port networks and their performance in terms of their poles and zeros emphasised.
- Both Foster and Cauer forms of realisation explained in network synthesis.
- Laplace transform and Fourier transforms and their applications to network analysis emphasised.
- A.C. Circuits 1-phase as well as 3-phase circuits dealt with comprehensively.
- Frequency response and Bode Plot of a system function explained.
- Numerous solved examples and practice problems for a thorough grasp of the subject.
- A huge Question Bank of multiple-choice questions with answers exhaustively covering the topics discussed.
About The Author:
C.L. Wadhwa was former Professor and Head of Electrical Engineering Department at the Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi, obtained his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
Professor Wadhwa has an experience of more than 30 years in teaching undergraduate as well as postgraduate classes in the area of electrical machines, transmission networks, utilization of electric energy, switchgear and protection, high voltage engineering, electric field theory, advanced network analysis, computer optimization, economics of power systems, computer method in power systems etc. He has also contributed a few papers in national and international journals. His current interests are economic operation of power systems, multi-objective programming and sparsity techniques in power systems.
Table Of Contents:
- Basic Circuit Elements
- Network Equations
- Network Theorems
- Graph Theory and Network Equations
- Network Functions
- Fourier Series and Fourier Transforms
- Laplace Transform
- Passive Network Synthesis
- A-C Circuits
- Frequency Response and Bode Plot