About the Book: Operating Systems: A Concept Based Approach
Dhamdheres Operating Systems: A Concept-Based Approach begins with fundamentals and is an ideal text for the undergraduate students. It presents the operating system as an intermediary between a computer system and a user, one that provides services to the user and also ensures high system performance. A discussion of the operating systems interactions with the computer, on one hand and with user computations, on the other hand, consolidates this view and adds practical details to it. This approach demystifies the idea of the operating system and also emphasizes key features of computer architecture that are essential for a study of operating systems.
Part I: Fundamental Concepts
2. Overview of Operating Systems
3. Structure of Operating Systems
5. Memory Management
6. Virtual Memory
7. File Systems
9. Messages Passing
Part II: Advanced Topics
11. Process Synchronization
12. Advanced Concepts in IOCS and File Systems
14. Multiprocessor Operating Systems
Part III: Distributed Operating Systems
15. Distributed Systems
16. Theoretical Issues in Distributed Systems
17. Distributed Control Algorithms
18. Recovery and Fault Tolerance
19. Distributed File Systems
20. Distributed Systems Security
|Title:||Operating Systems A Concept Based Approach|
|Publisher:||Tata Mcgraw Hill Publishing Co Ltd|
* We sell only brand NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or distributor.