The course contents of the fifth edition of the book entitled "Engineering Mechanics" are planned in such a way that the book covers the complete course of first year Engineering students of all branches of Engineering. This edition has been thoroughly revised and made up-to-date. In the fifth edition, the following additions have been made :
1. A chapter on Shear Force and Bending Moment has been added to meet the curriculum requirements of many universities.
2. Polar moment of inertia, product of inertia, principal moment of inertia and mass moment of inertia have been added in Moment of Inertia chapter.
3. Friction of Flat bearing, pivot bearing and collared bearing have been included in Friction chapter.
4. Collision of Elastic Bodies has been explained in more detail.
The book is written in a simple and easy-to-follow language, so that even an average student can grasp the subject by self-study. At the end of each chapter, highlights, theoretical questions and many unsolved problems with answers are given for the students to solve them.
About The Author:Dr. R. K. Bansal graduated in 1966. He obtained his Master's degree in 1975 with honours from I.I.T., Delhi and Ph.D. in 1981 from University of Delhi. He joined Delhi College of Engineering as a Lecturer and became Assistant Professor in 1984. He was selected for the post of Professor in 1995. He also held the posts of Head of Mech. Engineering Department (Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi), Dean P.G. Studies and Dean U.G. Studies, Delhi College of Engineering. During his teaching career of about thirty-five years, he guided a large number of research students and got published many papers. He is the author of many books which are followed as textbooks.
Table Of Contents:PART I - STATICS
Subjects:Engineering and Technology,Mechanical
|Title:||A Textbook Of Engineering Mechanics|
|Author:||Dr. R. K. Bansal|
|Number of Pages:||781|
* We sell only brand NEW book and do NOT sell old or used books.
* The book images and summary displayed may be of a different edition or binding of the same title.
* Price can change due to reprinting, price change by publisher or distributor.